19 March 2009

The International Association of Culinary Professionals is sharing their choices for the 2009 finalists for the Cookbook Awards, Bert Greene Awards for Food Journalism, and the Awards of Excellence. The cookbook winners for my favorite category, baking, are:

The Art and Soul of Baking
Author: Sur La Table
Co-Author: Cindy Mushet
Editor: Jean Lucas
Publisher: Andrews McMeel Publishing


Baked: New Frontiers in Baking
Author: Matt Lewis
Co-Author: Renato Poliafito
Editor: Luisa Weiss
Publisher: Stewart, Tabori & Chang


The Modern Baker: Time Saving Techniques for Breads, Tarts, Pies, Cakes & Cookies
Author: Nick Malgeri
Editor: Anja Schmidt
Publisher: DK Publishing

I recommend The Art & Soul of Baking. My beloved bought this book for me for Valentine's Day and I am really enjoying it. (along with the diamond engagement ring he also gave me - Does this man have it going on or what?) Even though Sur La Table authored this book it can be found at all major booksellers. Some of my favorite recipes so far are Chocolate Raspberry Tartlettes p.225 and Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp with Amaretti Topping p. 246.

No comments: